ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for Graduate Teachers in Secondary Schools:
Last date updated to 19th September
The Assam Secondary Education (Provincialised) Service (Amendment) Rules, 2012 has prescribed the amended qualification for direct recruitment to the post of graduate teachers.
As per the substituted Schedule–II, the qualification for
1) Graduate Teacher has been prescribed as BA/B.Sc/ B.Com with 50% marks with B.T./ B.Ed. decree from any recognized university’.
2) Hindi Teacher: Pravin Ratna in Hindi with 50% marks having degree qualification from any recognized university or B.A with Hindi as one of the subject with 50% marks and B.T / B. Ed. degree from any recognized University. (The candidates must have aggregate 50% marks in Degree.)
The Secondary Education Department, Govt. of Assam vide Office Memorandum No. ASE.465/2011/95, dated: 20.09.12 has declared that ‘Hindi Sikshan Parangat’ and ‘Hindi Sikshan Nishnat’ conducted by Kendriya Hindi Sikshan Mandal, Agra as equivalent to B.Ed and M.Ed respectively for the purpose of teaching Hindi in High/Higher Secondary Schools. The same cannot be considered as B.Ed and M.Ed for other categories of teaching positions.
3) Classical Teacher (Sanskrit):- Shastri with 50% marks having degree qualification from any recognized University or B.A with Sanskrit as one of the subjects with 50% marks and B.T/ B.Ed degree from any recognized University. (The candidates must have aggregate 50% marks in Degree.)
4) Classical Teacher such as Arabic, Urdu, Persian etc:- MM with 50% marks with degree qualification from any recognized University or B.A with Arabic as one of the subjects with 50% marks and B.T./B.Ed. from any recognized University. (The candidates must have aggregate 50% marks in Degree.)
5) Classical Teacher (Assamese Language, Manipuri Language):- B.A with Honours/ Major in concerned subject with 50% marks and B.T. /B.Ed. degree from any recognized University. (The candidates must have aggregate 50% marks in Degree.)
Who Can Apply
A. The Candidate must be a Citizen of India and must be a resident of Assam. He/she must be a Graduate having 50% marks from a recognized University with B.T/B. Ed. from a recognized University.
B. The candidate must have passed HSLC or equivalent examination with Assamese language as one of the subjects or having Diploma in Assamese language issued by the Assam sahitya Sabha or read up to HSLC level in Assamese medium School.
C. Age of the candidate must not be less than 18 years of age and not more above 43 years of age as on 01. 01. 2017. Relaxation of upper age limit will be applicable for SC, ST (P), ST (H) for another 5 years as per Govt. of Assam OM No. ABP.06/2016/04 dated 03.03.2016.
D. The Upper age limit may also be relaxed in case of candidates who are working under the scheme of “Strengthening and Improvement of the Quality Education in the State” on contractual terms for a maximum period up to 5 years and willing to take part in the instant TET.
Minimum qualifying marks for passing TET: To qualify in TET Examination the candidate must score at least 60% marks. However, 5% relaxation in marks will be given for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/MOBC/PWD. Only following category of PWD/PH persons can apply for appearing at the TET:
Validity: All candidates who pass the TET will be awarded a certificate. The validity of the certificate shall be for a maximum period of 5(five) years from the date of issue of the certificate by the Empowered Committee, Government of Assam subject to the condition that the candidate otherwise fulfils the eligibility criteria prescribed for recruitment to the services in Government of Assam
Time Schedule for TET, 2017, Assam:[table id=3 /]
Candidates are advised to apply early in order to avoid last minute rush.
Structure & Content of Test:- The examination shall be for 200 marks of 200 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), each one of them carrying equal marks. The subject areas broadly are as follows.[table id=4 /]
Advertisement Details: Click Here