11. Match the following:
Constitutional Provisions Sources
A. Federation 1. USA
B. Parliamentary 2. Britain
C. Directive Principle 3. Canada
D. Fundamental Rights 4. Ireland
(#) A B C D
(a) 2 1 4 1
(b) 2 3 1 4
(c) 3 4 2 1
(d) 3 2 4 1
12. Which of the following features does the Indian Constitution borrow from the Weimar Constitution of Germany?
(a) The idea of a federation with a strong centre
(b) The method of presidential elections
(c) The Emergency powers
(d) Provisions concerning the suspension of fundamental rights during National Emergency
13. Match the following:
Constitutional Features Sources
A. Rule of Law 1. German Constitution
B. Directive Principles 2. Australian Constitution
C. Concurrent List 3. Irish Constitution
D. Suspension of Fundamental Rights during Emergency 4. British Constitution
(#) A B C D
(a) 4 2 1 3
(b) 4 3 2 1
(c) 2 3 4 1
(d) 2 1 4 3
14. Which of the following features and their source is wrongly matched?
(a) Judicial review British practice
(b) Concurrent List Australian Constitution
(c) Directive Principles Irish Constitution
(d) Fundamental Rights US Constitution
15. Which Constitution has inspired the Indian concepts of rule of law, parliamentary system and law-making procedure?
(a) US Constitution
(b) British Constitution
(c) Canadian Constitution
(d) All of the above
16. The Constitution of India is designed to work as a unitary government:
(a) in normal times
(b) in times of Emergency
(c) when the Parliament so desires
(d) at the will of the President
17. Which of the following features of the Constitution of India does not resemble the
(a) Written Constitution
(b) Federal form of government
(c) Fundamental Rights
(d) Parliamentary form of government
18. Which of the following emerges clearly from the Preamble?
1. When the Constitution was enacted.
2. The ideals that were to be achieved.
3. The system of government
4. The source of authority
(a) II, III and IV
(b) I and II
(c) I, II and III
(d) I, II, III and IV
19. Which one of the following statements regarding the Preamble is correct?
(a) It is not enforceable in a court of law
(b) the Supreme Court has recently ruled that it is not a part of the Constitution
(c) It has been amended twice
(d) All the above are correct
20. The Indian Constitution has borrowed the ideas of Preamble from the:
(a) Italian Constitution
(b) Canadian Constitution
(c) French Constitution
(d) Constitution of USA
You are reading: Indian Constitution and Polity MCQs
May also like: Ancient Indian History MCQs
Although all the questions “Indian Constitution and Polity MCQs” are verified by experts, in case if you detect any error in this page then please inform us, we will update it as soon as possible.
Your post has rejuvenated my interest in study and will be very helpful to go ahead one step to reach my goal. Thanks a lot.
Glad to hear this.
bohut nojona kotha xikilo
It is an awesome collection…. Tnq so much….
Very nice .we need more Gk from the constitution.