31. Which of the following is not a part of the Preamble to the Indian Constitution?
(c) Democratic Republic
32. The source of India’s sovereignty lies in the:
(b) Prime Minister
(c) People of India
(d) Preamble to the Constitution
33. Who among the following moved the Objectives Resolution which formed tile basis of the Preamble of the Constitution of India in the Constituent Assembly on Dec 13, 1946?
[CDS 2009] (a) Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
(b) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(c) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
(d) Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru
34. Match List-l with List-II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the Lists: [CDS 2009]
List-I – (Provision of the Constitution of India)
A. Amendment of the Constitution
B. Directive Principles
C. Emergency Power of the President
D. The Union-State Relationship
1. Constitution of Germany
2. Constitution of Canada
3. Constitution of South Africa
4. Irish Constitution
(#) A B C D
(a) 1 2 4 3
(b) 3 4 1 2
(c) 1 4 2 3
(d) 3 1 4 2
35. The constitution of India is republican because it [CDS 2012]
(a) provides for an elected Parliament
(b) provides for adult franchise
(c) contains a bill of rights
(d) has no hereditary elements
36. Which one among the following statements is not correct ? The word ‘socialist’ in the Preamble of the Constitution of India, read with [CDS 2012]
(a) Article 39(d), would enable the Court to uphold the constitutionality of nationalization laws
(b) Articles 14, would enable the Court to strike down a statute which failed to achieve the socialist goal to the fullest extent
(c) Article 25, would enable the Court to ensure freedom guaranteed under that Article
(d) Article 23, would enable the Court to reduce inequality in income and status
37. In India, the concept of single citizenship is adopted from [SSC Grad 2011]
38. The Indian Constitution comprises of [BPSC 2011]
(a) 395 Articles, 22 Parts and 12 Schedules
(b) 371 Articles, 21 Parts and 11 Schedules
(c) 372 Articles, 20 Parts and 7 Schedules
(d) 381 Articles, 23 Parts and 8 Schedules
39. From which of the countries, Constitution of India has adopted fundamental duties?
(c) Erstwhile USSR
40. The word ‘Socialist’ was added to the Preamble, its main aim is to :
(a) eliminate inequality in economic and political status
(b) eliminate inequality in political and religious affairs
(c) eliminate inequality in income and status and standards of life
(d) eliminate class based society
You are reading: Indian Constitution and Polity MCQs
May also like: Medieval Indian History MCQs
Although all the questions “Indian Constitution and Polity MCQs” are verified by experts, in case if you detect any error in this page then please inform us, we will update it as soon as possible.
Your post has rejuvenated my interest in study and will be very helpful to go ahead one step to reach my goal. Thanks a lot.
Glad to hear this.
bohut nojona kotha xikilo
It is an awesome collection…. Tnq so much….
Very nice .we need more Gk from the constitution.