31th December, Current Affairs:
- China successfully tested Russia’s S-400 missile air defence system. It received the last shipments of the weaponry from Russia in July under a USD 3 billion contract signed in 2015. China was the first foreign buyer to seal a government-to-government deal with Russia in 2014 to procure the S-400 missile. It has a supersonic speed of 3 kilometre per second.
- Delhi Police became the first police force in country to digitise all malkhanas across every police station under the e-malkhana project.
- India’s stylish opener Smriti Mandhana has been named as the International Cricket Council (ICC) Women’s Cricketer of the Year.
- The Government of India invites nominations for the “Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar” for excellence in the field of disaster management. The winners will be declared on 23rd January 2019, on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose. The last date for applying is 7th January 2019
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s alliance won Bangladesh’s election with a thumping majority, the country’s Election Commission announced.
30th December, Current Affairs:
- The Union Cabinet approved the listing of 7 Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) on the stock exchanges via Initial Public Offering (IPO) or Follow-on Public Offer (FPO).
- The 12th Global Healthcare Summit (GHS) was inaugurated by President Ram Nath Kovind in Mumbai, Maharashtra on 29th December.
- The unique Chapparam (Chariot) festival was celebrated with traditional rituals and festivities in the famous Madurai Meenakshi temple, in Tamil Nadu. The fest symbolizes the importance of preserving all kinds of food and fodder.
- Former President of United States of America (USA), Barack Obama has been named as the most admired man by Americans for the 11th year in a row according to a gallup poll.
- A total of 11 projects have been taken up under Namami Gange Programme by National Mission for Clean Ganga to conserve the River Yamuna in Delhi. Most of the projects are for the sewerage infrastructure and are at various stages of implementation. These projects under Yamuna Action Plan (YAP) III are located in three drainage zones namely Kondli, Rithala and Okhla in Delhi.
29th December, Current Affairs:
- International Camel festival will be held at Bikaner in Rajasthan from 12 Jan 2019. Activities such as fur cutting, camel decoration, designing among others would be organised at the twenty-sixth International camel festival.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced Rs. 4,500 crore financial assistance to Bhutan for its 12th five-year plan after holding wide-ranging talks with his Bhutanese counterpart Lotay Tshering. The new five-year plan of Bhutan began in 2018 and will continue till 2022.
- Croatia captain Luka Modric was named Balkan Athlete of the Year, becoming only the second soccer player to scoop the prize after Bulgaria’s former European Footballer of the Year Hristo Stoichkov in 1994.
- Chagari Praveen Kumar appointed as Chief Justice of Amaravati High Court, Andhra. He will become acting Chief Justice of AP High Court, with effect from Jan 1, 2019.
28th December, Current Affairs:
- Air Marshal Rajeev Sachdeva has taken over as the Deputy Chief of Integrated Defence Staff (Operations) on 26 December 2018.
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik inaugurated 26th edition of National Children’s Science Congress in Bhubaneswar in which as many as 800 students from ten Asian and seven Gulf countries are participating.
- The West Bengal cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announced approval of an online system for mutation of property. Its objective is to ease the process of property mutation and check illegal practices.
- Captain Amarinder Singh, Chief Minister of Punjab, released the book ‘Prince, Patron and Patriarch Maharaja Jagatjit Singh of Kapurthala’, co-authored by the Maharaja’s grandson, Brigadier (Retd) Jagjit Singh, and Cynthia Frederick in Chandigarh.
27th December, Current Affairs:
- K Ramachandran was appointed as the Executive Director of Allahabad Bank from the current post of General Manager. Ramachandaran will hold office up to the date of his superannuation, which is June 30, 2021.
- The Haryana government has recently decided to renamed Child Care Institutes as Jagannath Ashrams. This was announced by the Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar while addressing the people during a dance competition organised by women wing of All India Vaish Federation (AIVF) in Karnal on December 25, 2018.
- In Assam, the third Dwijing Festival has begun on the bank of Aye river at Chirang district. Around 15 lakh tourists will participate in the festival. Assam PHE minister Rihon Daimary inaugurated the festival in presence of several dignitaries.
- Dronacharya awardee C A Kuttappa has taken over as India’s chief boxing coach at the ongoing national camp.
- The separate High Court for Andhra Pradesh will start functioning from January 1. Ministry of Law and Justice notified the constitution of the High Court in Amaravati. Andhra Pradesh High Court will be the 25th High Court in the country. The Hyderabad High Court has been functioning as common high court till now after bifurcation of undivided Andhra Pradesh.
26th December, Current Affairs:
- The first meeting of the Follow-up Committee for implementation of the Trilateral Chabahar Agreement between India, Afghanistan and Iran was held in the port city of Chabahar in Iran.
- Tsunami stuck coastal towns on Indonesia’s Sunda Strait on 22 December 2018. It is thought undersea landslides from the Anak Krakatau volcano caused them.
- Riva Ganguly Das was appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to Bangladesh. She is currently the Director General of Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR).
- The US space agency National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) announced that its InSight lander has deployed its first instrument Seismometer (SEIS) onto the surface of Mars, completing a major mission milestone that will allow scientists to peer into the Martian interior by studying ground motion also known as marsquakes. The Insight will deploy two more instruments namely Rotation and Interior Structure Experiment (RISE) and Heat Probe (HP3) to study Mars’ deep interiors.
25th December, Current Affairs:
- According to the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), Uttar Pradesh registered 236 cases against police personnel for human rights violations between 2014 and 2016, the highest in the country’s total of 411 such cases during the same period.
- Every Year 24th December is observed as National Consumer Day with a specific theme in India. This year the National Consumer Day is celebrated with the theme “Timely Disposal of Consumer Complaints”. On this day the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 had received the assent of the president.
- Sahitya Kala Parishad, Department of Art, Culture and Languages, Government of Delhi, organized the sixth edition of five-day long Yuva Natya Samaroh at Kamani Auditorium in New Delhi.
- State-owned Punjab National Bank (PNB) in collaboration with Uttar Pradesh government launched a special card called PNB Rupay card, for Kumbh Mela 2019.
24th December, Current Affairs:
- Google has selected 87 news organisations from 23 countries for funding under its Global News Initiative (GNI). Of these 87 organisations selected, 10 are from India.
- The 15th edition of a two day Global SME Business Summit was organised by the Ministry of MSME and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in association with Government e-marketplace in New Delhi.
- The 20-year old Indian woman Vedangi Kulkarni becomes the fastest Asian to cycle the globe. She had completed 29,000 kilometres’ distance required to qualify as bicycling across the globe.
- China launched its first communication satellite, from a Long March 11 carrier rocket, to provide broadband internet services worldwide to rival Google and other firms.
- Former Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh received South Indian Education Society (SIES) Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswati National Eminence Award as part of the Kanchi Mahaswami festival.
23th December, Current Affairs:
- National Film Archive of India (NFAI) and Film & Television Institute of India (FTII) signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for transfer of three acres of land for the construction of storage facility for films and film material.
- Researchers have Genetically Modified (GM) a common indoor plant, golden pothos or Devil’s ivy (Epipremnum aureum), to remove pollutants inside the house.
- Noted Tamil writer and Sahitya Akademi award winner Prabhanjan died due to Cancer at the age of 83.Prabhanjan started his career as a Tamil Teacher and got Sahitya Akademi Award for his historic novel “Vaanam Vasapadum” in 1995.
- The National Mathematics Day (NMD) is celebrated every year in India on December 22 to commemorate the birth anniversary of great mathematical genius Srinivasa Ramanujan.
- Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) released the Global football ranking topped by Belgium who have 1727 points as per FIFA calculations.
22th December, Current Affairs:
- A dreary grain silo that was transformed into an enormous colourful artwork in South Korea has been named by Guinness World Records as the largest outdoor mural in the world.
- The Government of India has decided to confer the Prime Minister’s Shram Awards for the year 2017 to be awarded to 40 workers.
- The Civil aviation ministry along with the Airport Authority of India (AAI) launched an app named ‘GAS 2019’.
- Haryana’s Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced the setting up of the ‘Haryana Herbal Corporation’.
- A German court found in favour of US chipmaker Qualcomm in a patent dispute case against Apple, which could lead to a ban on sales of iPhones in Germany.
21th December, Current Affairs:
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) imposed fine of Rs 5 lakh each on Iffco Tokio General Insurance and Royal Sundaram General Insurance for violating motor tariff claims and file & use guidelines.
- The Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) cleared the name of Arti Chhabra Srivastava as the first full-time Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO) of SEBI for an initial period of 3 years.
- Mohinder Pratap Singh was appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Mongolia. He is presently Director at Headquarters of the Ministry of External Affairs.
- International Human Solidarity Day is organized across the world on 20th December.
- The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated a three-day conference on Soft Power in New Delhi.
20th December, Current Affairs:
- Belgium Prime Minister Charles Michel resigned amid pressure on his government because of his support for the UN global pact on migration. Due to the migration spat, Belgium Prime Minister lost the backing of coalition partner nationalist New Flemish Alliance and opposition parties refused to support his minority government during the debate in the parliament.
- The National Cancer Institute (NCI) at Haryana’s Jhajjar area, opened its OPD (out-patient department) services around five years after its foundation stone was laid by the then prime minister Manmohan Singh in 2014.
- Asma Jahangir, the late Pakistan lawyer, and human rights activist, has been awarded the UN Human Rights Prize for 2018.
- The Union cabinet approved the MoU with Afghanistan in the field of education which will allow students from that country to use courses devised in India.
- ‘Sangeet Kala Sangam’ was organised by Ministry of Human Resource Development on 18 December 2018. Sangeet Kala Sangam provides a national platform for the art and music teachers of Kendriya Vidyalayas and Navodaya Vidyalayas.
19th December, Current Affairs:
- Book on self-styled godman Asaram Bapu released after a Chandigarh court refused to stay its publication. Authored by Ushinor Majumdar named “God of Sin: The Cult, The Clout and Downfall of Asaram Bapu”.
- Scientists have discovered the most-distant body ever observed in our solar system, located over 100 times farther than Earth is from the Sun.
- The ‘2018 Top 10 Stars of Indian Cinema’ list, based on global film and TV website Internet Movie Database’s (IMDb) ‘StarMeter’ stats and page views, was released. Actress Deepika Padukone has been named the top Indian star of 2018, by the global film and TV website IMDb. Shah Rukh Khan was second on the list, followed by Aamir Khan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Foreign Affairs Minister of South Korea Kang Kyung-wha co-chaired the 9th India-ROK Joint Commission meeting.
- Popular singers Shaan and Arijit Singh were given the “Sangeet Mahasamman” award by the West Bengal government at the inaugural session of the Bengal music and folk culture festival held in Kolkata.
18th December, Current Affairs:
- India and Afghanistan signed an MoU in the field of human resource development on 18th December 2018.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced $1.4 billion financial assistance to the Maldives on 17 December 2018.
- India’s first private sector unit for manufacturing Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) has recently opened at Adani Aerospace Park near Shamshabad in Hyderabad.
- The Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal dedicated the National Rail and Transportation Institute (NRTI), India’s first Railway University, to the nation in Vadodara on 15 December 2018.
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) President H.H. Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan has declared 2019 to be the “Year of Tolerance.” to highlight UAE as the Global Capital of Tolerance, instilling the values of co-existence and peace in local, regional and international communities The Year of Tolerance will focus on “Five Pillars”.
17th December, Current Affairs:
- The Government appointed Ramphal Pawar as the new Director of National Crime Record Bureau (NCRB).
- In Hockey, Belgium has claimed their first ever World Cup title. They defeated the Netherlands in a dramatic shoot-out in the final of the Men’s World Cup in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- The indigenously developed Kaiga Atomic Power Station in Karnataka has set a new world record, with one of its units operating uninterrupted for more than 940 days.
- Pu Zoramthanga, the President of Mizo National Front (MNF), has been sworn-in as the new Chief Minister of Mizoram. He was administered the oath of office and secrecy in Mizo Language by Mizoram Governor K Rajasekharan during a ceremony at Raj Bhavan in Aizawl.
16th December, Current Affairs:
- Researchers have discovered a human protein that helps fight the Ebola virus, and could one day lead to an effective therapy against the deadly disease.
- The minister of state for health and family welfare Anupriya Patel announced that West Bengal, Bihar and Chhattisgarh emerged the largest beneficiaries of Ayushman Bharat.
- The French unit of Air France-KLM Group named Anne Rigail as its new CEO, making her the first woman to lead the airline. The 49-year-old, who is currently Executive Vice President (Customer) at Air France, will replace acting CEO Benjamin Smith.
- Amazon India partnered with the Federation of Indian Micro and Small & Medium Enterprises (FISME) to encourage MSMEs to sell products online through e-commerce.
- Mauritius Acting President Paramasivum Pillay Vyapoory announced that Mauritius would organise a Gita festival in February 2019. A delegation from India has also been invited for the event.
15th December, Current Affairs:
- Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju inaugurated the 19th All India Police (AIPDM) Shooting Competition-2018 at Manesar, Gurugram in Haryana, on 6th December 2018.
- Ashok Kumar Singh, Lok Sabha Secretariat Service, Additional Secretary, Lok Sabha Secretariat has assumed charge as Secretary, National Commission for Scheduled Tribes (NCST).
- Ministry of Power has launched the ECO Niwas Samhita 2018, an Energy Conservation Building Code for Residential Buildings (ECBC-R).
- President Ram Nath Kovind launched a mobile app developed for farmers in Myanmar and dedicated a centre and a bio park to promote agriculture research and education to the people.
- Situ Malik (15), a minor boy from Kendrapara district of Odisha has been selected for the National Bravery Award for saving his paternal uncle from a crocodile attack.
14th December, Current Affairs:
- The Congress party has picked old guard Ashok Gehlot over Sachin Pilot as Chief Minister of Rajasthan. Pilot will be the deputy CM of Rajasthan and will also continue as the state Congress chief.
- Yes Bank Ltd has named one of its independent directors Brahm Dutt as the bank’s part-time non-executive independent chairman after former Finance Secretary Ashok Chawla resigned from the position.
- National energy conservation day is celebrated every year by the people all over India on 14th of December.
- ‘Kala Utsav’ was inaugurated by Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Prakash Javadekar in New Delhi on 12 December 2018.
- Akademik Lomonosov, the world’s first “floating” nuclear power plant (FNPP) for installation in remote areas, has been started and brought to 10% of its capacity, Russian state-run atomic energy corporation Rosatom announced.
13th December, Current Affairs:
- The Union Ministry of Home Affairs has launched a Twitter account to spread awareness about cyber crimes and normal precautions to be taken. The Twitter handles – @CyberDost – is aimed at enhancing people’s basic knowledge about cyber crimes and precautions to be taken for prevention.
- The armies of India and China has started the 7th edition of joint military exercise ‘Hand-in-Hand 2018’ from Dec 11-23 at Chengdu in China.
- Indian economist Surjit Bhalla announced his resigned from Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Economic Advisory Council (PMEAC)
- Arundhati Bhattacharya, former chairman of State Bank of India (SBI) has been appointed as SWIFT India Chairman.
- Discus thrower Krishna Poonia, the 2010 CWG gold medallist and Congress candidate, won the Sadulpur assembly seat in Rajasthan, defeating sitting BSP MLA Manoj Nyangali.
- Russia has sent two Tu-160, strategic bombers capable of carrying nuclear weapons, to Venezuela in an apparent show of support to President Nicolas Maduro’s regime.
- Actors Anushka Sharma and Kartik Aaryan have been named India’s Hottest Vegetarians, according to votes on the official website of People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India.
12th December, Current Affairs:
- The Reserve Bank of India has imposed a fine of Rs 1 crore on Indian Bank for violating cybersecurity norms.
- India’s first Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence established by the European Union was inaugurated at the Department of European Studies (DES) at Manipal Academy of Higher Education in New Delhi by Ambassador of the European Union (EU) to India and Bhutan, Tomasz Kozlowski.
- Australia surpassed Qatar to become the world’s leading exporter of Liquified Natural Gas (LNG) for the first time.
- Scientists from the Fujian Normal University in China developed a “rewritable” paper that can be drawn or printed on over and over again by changing the temperature.
- Crown Prince of Dubai, Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, launched the Dubai Audio Library, the largest Arabic audio library in the world, in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE).
11th December, Current Affairs:
- The Uttar Pradesh State government has designed a new software and a four-step process initiated to check the menace of copying in the Uttar Pradesh Board exams.
- Walmart India, the U.S. retail major, appointed Sameer Aggarwal as its Chief Business Officer.
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) conducted combined guided weapons firing of Surface-to-Air Missiles from the Air Force Station located at Suryalanka, Andhra Pradesh.
- Goa’s Prathamesh Maulingkar has created history by becoming the first Asian/Indian to win Mister Supranational title in a competition held at Krynica-Zdroj, Poland.
- Khelo India Youth Games-2019 will be held in Pune of Maharashtra in January.
10th December, Current Affairs:
- The government appointed Dr. Krishnamurthy Subramanian as the new Chief Economic Advisor. Dr. Subramanian will have a tenure of three years.
- Shalindra Kumar will take over as the Chief Electoral Officer of Jammu and Kashmir on 12th December 2018. He will be replacing the incumbent Shaleen Kabra.
- India will retain its position as the world’s top recipient of remittances in 2018 with its diaspora sending a whopping USD 80 billion back home, according to the World Bank report.
- Rashtriya Lok Samta Party (RLSP) Chief Upendra Kushwaha resigned as Union Minister of State in the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- Indian Navy agreed to gift INS Cuddalore, a decommissioned Pondicherry-class vessel, to the Union territory of Puducherry for the creation of country’s first underwater museum.
9th December, Current Affairs:
- India is the fourth highest emitter of carbon dioxide in the world, accounting for 7 percent of global emissions in 2017, according to a study by Global Carbon Project on 06th December 2018. The top 10 emitters were China, the US, the EU, India, Russia, Japan, Germany, Iran, Saudi Arabia and South Korea.
- The government appointed Lalit Kumar, a 1995-batch Indian Economic Service (IES) officer as the new government nominee on private sector ICICI Bank.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani approved 50-crore rupees to Science & Technology Innovation (STI) Fund for assistance in research and development.
- After the approval of the Supreme Court and the Bombay High Court, a pilot project for e-payments of court fee, judicial deposits, fines and penalties is slated to start from the Pune District Court complex in Shivajinagar on December 15.
8th December, Current Affairs:
- Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper have earned nominations at the 2019 Golden Globe awards for their performances in the film ‘A Star is Born’.
- Four new aircraft have joined the fleet, including two Airbus A320 ceo (VT-IKA and VT-IKB) and two A320 neo (VT IZK AND VT-IZI), taking the fleet count to 200 and number of deliveries to 226.
- Dr Krishnamurthy Subramanian has been appointed the new Chief Economic Advisor (CEA) for a period of three years.
- China launched the first-ever spacecraft, Chang’e 4, that will attempt landing on the far side of the Moon, which always shows the same face to Earth as it’s close enough to be locked by the planet’s gravitational field.
- Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju inaugurated the 19th All India Police (AIPDM) Shooting Competition-2018 at Manesar, Gurugram in Haryana.
7th December, Current Affairs:
- ISRO’s heaviest and most advanced high throughput communication satellite ‘GSAT-11’ was successfully launched by an European Ariane-5 vehicle (Flight VA246) rocket from Guiana Space Centre at Kourou in French Guiana.
- Luxembourg is set to become the first country in the world to make all public transport free, implementing the move in 2020.
- International Volunteer Day (IVD) is observed every year on 5 December. It is an international observance mandated by the UN General Assembly in 1985. The theme for IVD 2018 is ‘Volunteers build Resilient Communities’.
- The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) announced that Budapest will host the ‘World Athletics Championship’ in 2023.
- 07 December is observed as Armed Forces Flag Day throughout India to honour the martyrs as well as men and women in uniform, who valiantly fight on our borders to safeguard the country’s honour.
6th December, Current Affairs:
- The second meeting of the NITI Forum for the North East is being held in Guwahati, Assam. Minister of State for the Development of North Eastern Region, Dr Jitendra Singh and Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog Rajiv Kumar attended the meeting.
- Tuhin Satarkar, became the first Indian to climb three routes in the treacherous Sahayadri mountain range in 12 days, from November 16 to 28.
- German firm BigRep claims it has produced the world’s first fully functioning e-motorbike NERA using a 3D printer.
- December 3 is observed as United Nations International Day of Persons with Disabilities or World Disability Day.The theme for this year is “Empowering persons with disabilities and ensuring inclusiveness and equality”.
- Salman Khan has been named the highest-earning celebrity in India for the third time in a row by Forbes, with earnings of ₹253.25 crore. The second spot was captured by Indian cricket team skipper Virat Kohli, with Rs 228.09 crore to his name, to become the first sportsperson to reach the position.
5th December, Current Affairs:
- The Bilaspur Police in Chhattisgarh now holds the Guinness World Records for its ‘Rakhi with Khakhi’ as part of which girls and women tied rakhis to 50,033 police officials rakhis over a span of ten hours and then uploaded selfies with hashtags #rakhiwithkhaki and #HappyRakshaBandhan.
- State Bank of India roped in Asian Games gold medalist Swapna Barman as brand ambassador for its digital app YONO(You only need one). YONO is an integrated digital banking platform offered by State Bank of India (SBI) to enable users to access a variety of financial and other services such as taxi bookings, online shopping, or medical bill payments.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs released a booklet in the English language titled “A Handbook for Students on Cyber Safety” to aware the Students and Adolescents about the cyber safety.
- Delhi Transport Minister Kailash Gahlot launched the Common Mobility Card which can be used by commuters to travel aboard both Delhi metro trains and State-run buses.
- CIMON (Crew Interactive Mobile Companion), the first Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered robot to fly in Space, was launched to the International Space Station (ISS) in June 2018.
- The Maratha Emperor, “Chhatrapati Shivaji Bhosle” is considered as ‘Father of the Indian Navy’. India celebrated its 47th Navy Day. The day is celebrated in honour of the maritime force’s role during the war with Pakistan in 1971 when Indian warships attacked Karachi port.
4th December, Current Affairs:
- Navy Day is being celebrated in India on 4th December.
- Pawan Singh has become the first Indian to be elected one of seven member’s of the Judges Committee of the International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF).
- The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) announced the appointment of Jon Ridgeon as its new CEO following approval by the IAAF Council on the first day of its 215th Council Meeting in Monaco.
- Qatar has announced its decision to leave the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) from January 2019 and focus more on the production of natural gas.
- “PAiSA – Portal for Affordable Credit and Interest Subvention Access”, a centralized electronic platform for processing interest subvention on bank loans to beneficiaries under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM) was launched by Sh. Durga Shankar Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- FMCG major Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) announced that its board has approved the merger with GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare (GSKCH India) through an-all equity deal, valuing the total business of the latter at Rs31,700 crore.
3rd December, Current Affairs:
- Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador won a president election of Mexico which was conducted on July 2018.
- The elections were held during the General Assembly meeting of ISSF in Munich in which Raninder secured 161 votes to make it to the coveted position. The 51-year-old Raninder is currently the president of the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI).
- Bank of Maharashtra appoints A.S. Rajeev as MD and CEO.
- South African President Cyril Ramaphosa will be the Chief Guest at the 2019 Republic Day celebrations in New Delhi.
- Atlawim Debebe of Ethiopia won the Full Marathon with the timing of 2 hours 17 minutes 17 seconds of Pune International Marathon 2018.
2nd December, Current Affairs:
- The Indian Railways launched a software named- ‘eDrishti’, that will enable the Union Railway Minister Shri. Piyush Goyalto keep track of punctuality of trains as well as freight and passenger earnings from anywhere in the country. The software has been developed by the Centre for Railway Information System (CRIS).
- The Border Security Force, BSF along with Pakistan and Bangladesh celebrated its 54th Raising Day. The main ceremony was celebrated at Chhawla Camp in New Delhi. BSF has been India’s first wall of defence since 1965. The motto of BSF is: Duty Unto Death.
- World number one Norwegian Magnus Carlsen has retained his World Chess Championship title, beating US opponent Fabiano Caruana in a tie-breaker event.
1st December, Current Affairs:
- India’s Olympic gold medal-winning shooter Abhinav Bindra became the first Indian to be honoured with the Blue Cross by the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) for his contribution to the sport of shooting. Read more
- Renowned flautist Pandit Keshav Ginde has been selected as the recipient of 2018 Bharat Ratna Pandit Bhimsen Joshi Lifetime Achievement Award for Classical Music. Read more
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated 19th Hornbill Festival in Nagaland on 55th Nagaland Statehood Day. Read more
- Supported by ICAO, IATA, ACI and CANSO, the 1st Global Aviation Summit will be held on January 15 and 16, 2019 at The Grand Hyatt in Mumbai. Read more
- Delhi University has been ranked A+ in the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) review held in the last week of October. Read more